ROBS 401k FAQ – What name should I use for my ROBS Business when buying another business?

Please check out this good question from our Daily Live Zoom call. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get notifications of our Daily FAQs.

ROBS 401k Buying a Business FAQ:

I am using ROBS 401K Business Financing to fund the asset purchase of a business from an unrelated person.   What name should I use for the C-corporation?


When registering the new ROBS C-corporation, a different name will need to be used (i.e. the Secretary of State won’t allow two entities to be registered under the same name).  Typically, the purchase agreement will require the seller to work with you to transfer the name after the sale.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

About George Blower

I have the privilege of educating our clients about our products and services so that they can make informed and confident decisions about their financial future. Prior to joining My Solo 401k Financial, I served as the general counsel for a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 financial services company. Learn more about George Blower and My Solo 401k Financial >>


  • Popular Video

  • ROBS 401k Funding Process

  • Solo 401k Contributions Including Mega

  • Checkbook IRA LLC

  • About MySolo401k

    We help our clients take control of their retirement money. Our products and services provide our clients the freedom to invest their retirement savings in their own business as well as alternative investments such as real estate, private companies, promissory notes, precious metals, tax liens and equities.
    Learn more

    Connect with us

  • We’re here to help.

    Call: 800-489-7571


    8:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

    Why us?