On April 5, 2019, the IRS released the 2018-2019 fiscal year Priority Guidance Plan (PGP).
The items on this list are similar to a wish list that the IRS plans in addressing each year, and some carry over from prior years.
Here are some of the items listed in this years guidance as they relate to solo 401k plans, IRAs and ROBS 401k plans.
- Regulations under Internal Revenue Code Section (IRC Sec.) 401(a)(9) updating life expectancy and distribution period tables for purposes of the required minimum distribution (RMD) rules
- Guidance on hardship distributions from employer-sponsored retirement plans (in response to the Balanced Budget Act of 2018 provisions)
- Guidance on missing retirement plan participants
- Guidance on Traditional and Roth IRAs, Including contributions and excise taxes
- Affiliated service group guidance
- Additional guidance on lifetime income payments from employer plans and I