Invest funds from your 401a, 403b, 457 or other government retirement plan in your own business startup

QUESTION: My fund is a 401A plan because I worked for a political subdivision.  Is there anything different in the process of moving the funds tax and penalty free into my c corp?  These funds would be for a new company startup.

ANWER: Yes a 401A, a type of governmental plan offered to employees of the USA or governmental agency, or state government or political subdivision, may be transferred to a ROBS 401k.

What’s more, other types of government plans such as 403(b) and 457 may be transferred to a ROBS 401k.

About Mark Nolan

Each day I speak with energetic entrepreneurs looking to take the plunge into a new venture and small business owners eager to take control of their retirement savings. I am passionate about helping others find their financial independence. Having worked for over 20 years with some of the top retirement account custodian and insurance companies I have a deep and extensive knowledge of the complexities of self-directed 401ks and IRAs as well as retirement plan regulations. Learn more about Mark Nolan and My Solo 401k Financial >>