Form 5500-EZ,Annual Return of One-Participant (Owners and Their Spouses) Retirement Plan, is now available for 2012. Form 5500-EZ is the paper-only IRS form for use by certain one-participant plans (Solo 401k plan) to report required retirement plan information to the IRS.
Copies of the related schedules and instructions are available on the EP Forms & Publications page. of IRS website:http://www.irs.gov/retirement/article/0,,id=96763,00.html
A one-participant plan, for purposes of the Form 5500-EZ, means a retirement plan not subject to the annual ERISA Title I reporting requirements that only covers the owner, or the owner of a wholly-owned trade or business (whether or not incorporated) and his or her spouse, or partners, or partners and their spouses, of a business partnership.
A plan is not a one-participant plan if the plan benefits anyone besides the owner (or owner and spouse) or partners (or partners and their spouses). Certain retirement plans maintained outside the U.S. primarily for the benefit of nonresident aliens must file Form 5500-EZ rather than Form 5500.
Form 500-EZ is required to be postmarked by Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
The 5500-EZ form is the annual reporting form for Solo 401(k).
It must be filed only if the Solo 401k balance was over $250,000 (includes cash and non-liquid assets) as of 12/31/2012.
IMPORTANT: If the balance of your Solo 401k as of 12/31/2012 was $250,000 or less, you do not need file Form 5500-EZ unless you terminated your Solo 401k plan.
Here is link to Form 5500-EZ which can be filled out online.
If you choose to have MySolo401k.net submit form to the IRS for you, you only need to fill out the following sections, and we will fill out the rest. Please be sure to sign and date form and either e-mail it back to us at 5500EZ@mysolo401k.net or by fax at 925-262-2070
Where to File
File the Form 5500-EZ at the following address:
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0020
For Clients of MySolo401k.net:
Please fill out following sections of Form 5500-EZ and we will fill out the rest
- First Return: Check box A(1) if this is the first filing for this plan. Or check box A(3) if this the final return being filed for the plan, which only applies if you have terminated your Solo 401k.
- Line 6a. “Total plan assets” include rollovers and transfers received from other plans and IRAs. Also, include all assets held by the plan as well as participant loans. Enter total amount as of beginning of the year in column (1) and at year end in column (2).
- Line 7a: enter total employer contributions made for the 2011 plan year even if you waited to make the 2011 contribution in 2012.
- Line 7b: enter employee contributions also known as salary deferrals
- Line 7c: enter total amount of rollovers from other plans and IRAs.
- Line 8. Enter code “3B”
- Line 9: “Plan Characteristics “You must check “Yes” if the plan had any participant loans outstanding at any time during the plan year and enter the amount outstanding as of the end of the plan year.
- Line 9c: Enter the amount of Employer contributions for 2012 plan year.
Then submit to email@example.com
- Filing Tip – Use Correct Mailing Address for Form 5500-EZ
- Form 5500-EZ must be mailed to the IRS Offices in Ogden, UT to be processed. Mail to
- Department of the Treasury
- Internal Revenue Service
- Ogden, UT 84201-0020
- How to Request Copies of Filed Forms 5500-EZ Requests for copies of filed Forms 5500-EZ are handled by the IRS and must be in writing. You can request copies of filed Forms 5500-EZ on Form 4506. Indicate the plan number on line 7 of Form 4506 along with the tax period/plan year. Alternatively, submit a written request that includes the plan number and plan year. There is a charge for each tax period/plan year requested (the fee is indicated on Form 4506). Your request should be sent to:
Internal Revenue Service
1973 North Rulon White Blvd
Attn: EP Accounts M/S 6552
Ogden, UT 84404